The Versatile Blogger
Pamela of Something Wagging This Way Comes awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award. I’m very new to blogging and this is my first award so I was pretty excited to get it. I did have a momentary dip in my enthusiasm when it dawned on me that I was going to have to write a post as a result, not that I don’t like writing obviously, it’s just I have a list of ideas that I want to blog about and still haven’t got round to.
But then I realised the award might help to get the word out about raw feeding and hence maybe even save one or two pets from a lifetime of junk food. So a big thank you to Pamela for giving me this opportunity (also the rules say you should thank and link to the blogger who gave you the award, that’s my first tick off the list).
I must also share 7 things about myself.
- It doesn’t matter what style of jeans are currently in fashion, flares are always my favourite.
- I’m currently re-watching a box set of “This Life”, the 90s programme about lawyers, it’s just as good this time round!
- The first thing I do every day is put on yesterday’s clothes and take Ted for a walk, I always look a state.
- I love horror movies, even the awful, written to formula ones.
- My personal trainer calls me Batfink.
- I can never thank the members on the raw meaty bones yahoo group enough for helping me when Ted was ill.
- My favourite place is the world is St Ives Cornwall, I’ve been twice already this year.
Finally I should give the award to up to 15 blogs that I enjoy. You’ll see that there is a strong leaning towards blogs about animals and also raw feeding (surprise, surprise) 🙂
- The Apprenticeship of Pasha – This is one of those blogs that when the next story is posted you can’t wait to read it. Written by Mishka the Russian Black Terrier, it’s an hilarious account of the raising of his Idiot Nephew Pasha.
- Mymeowz – Written by Misty the cat and containing beautiful photos of her it tells how her mum found her aged about 1.5 weeks and her love of raw rabbit and cardboard boxes.
- The House of Two Bows – More raw fed dogs, Bowdu the Shiba Inu and Bowpi the Basenji, their owner reviews products and posts amazing photos of the dogs, this is a beautiful blog.
- Doggerel – Written by Abby this started as a year of preparing for her first dog and now tells the story of her first few months with Pyrrha the German Shepherd Dog. This blog is packed with reviews and Abby’s Pup Links are a great weekly round up of what’s happening in the world of blogs about dogs.
- Mustelmania – more raw fed furries but this time it’s ferrets. Lots of great information on how to care for ferrets and lots of cute photos.
- Dr Rayya’s On-Line Veterinary Journal – A vet who supports raw feeding, the blog contains lots of stories about her patients, interesting to see the other side of the vet’s table.
- Poisoned Pets – Mollie Morrissette reports on pet food recalls on her no holds barred blog.
- Mr Watson Dog About Town – Mr Watson writes about a chi’s view of London, with lots of beautiful photos of him out and about taken by his best friend, Lap.